[xubuntu-users] What's the current program that provides what gnomecard used to do?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Mar 8 11:37:45 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 11:58:33AM +0100, honeyshell wrote:
>    Re Chris,
>
>    Sorry pour the "firefox"!!
>
>    If you use mutt you can use  Abook with vcf2abook. It converts vCard to
>    abook.
>    source :
>    [1]http://bolgh.eng.br/osnotes/vcard-vcf-from-google-contacts-to-abook-mutt-vcf2abook/

Yes, that's sort of where I'm coming from.  :-)

I'm looking for a nicer interface to an addressbook to use with mutt.
Although I love mutt as an E-Mail program I find abook is rather clumsy
and is inaccessible for other programs.

So I'd like an accessible addressbook/contacts database that I can use
from mutt and have a nice usable interface for adding/viewing contacts
when I want their mail address or phone number or whatever.

--
Chris Green