[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu needs LOO inside

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Sat Jun 29 07:38:45 UTC 2013

On 28/06/13 20:13, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> On 28/06/13 16:42, Bruno Benitez wrote:
>> It wont be possible to add LOO to Xubuntu 13.10, and probably not even
>> on 14.04, however if you all really want to propose it what you need
>> to do its:
>>
>> Create a trhoughtful comparison of libreoffice against the current
>> office solutions, add comparison to other options of offimatic, get
>> rationales of why should one been chosen over the other.
>
> ...and please take further discussion to the Xubuntu developer mailing
> list [1].
>
> Cheers,
> Pasi

I don't use abiword. When I install a new version of Xubuntu (I always
install, never upgrade) one of my first tasks is to install LO writer
and calc. So I don't use the whole suite, just part of it. I suppose if
LO became the norm for Xubuntu it would mean the whole suite. For me
this would take up disk space for no good reason.

It is not difficult to install just writer and calc, they are in the
repositories. So I can't see that there is a problem. If anyone does
want the whole suite they can install that easily too.

Neil