[xubuntu-users] Weird change to video

Marc Coevoet marcc at dommel.be
Sun Jul 7 22:09:06 UTC 2013

Op 08-07-13 00:05, KALOGERAKIS STAVROS schreef:
> I am trying to istall Xubuntu 13.04 to an old AMD pc, I  have replaced
> the CD Drive and the Hard disk but during installation from live cd, I
> get an input.output /error message, and the installation fails. I
> tried to burn the installation cd at low speed but I get the same
> message. I ;ve been advised to install from a live us.  Could you give
> me any advise how to create an installation usb from the Xubuntu
> enviroment running from the live cd
>
> Thanks
>
> Stavros

the best tool for usb sticks:

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

I have found older hardware that was no longer stable (bold capacitors etc).
So beware, it is not the linux that does not work ...

Marc

http://shortwave dot tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations dot tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages dot tk