[xubuntu-users] 2014 Rolling release?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 21:07:12 UTC 2013

On 01/27/2013 07:31 PM, David Guerra wrote:
> Their attitude or yours?  Seems they decided not to change something and
> you don't like that.
>
> Rolling Release or not, Ubuntu is still the best solution for most linux
> users.

I have to go with that notion. Fedora was a nightmare of broken things
being in beta mode 24/7... I think Red Hat made one helluva mistake
giving up their user base to Ubuntu. Bob Young, the founder of Red Hat,
would never have done that. His stance was always that it's from the
user base that the future admins, who pay for contracts, come from.

I've had my share of issues with Ubuntu, at various times, but they
remain relatively the best for my use. So, being divorced from Red Hat,
even though I worked there for several years, when I built our
webserver, it was a base Debian server that got installed, and the VM
containers are Ubuntu based. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html