[xubuntu-users] Thunar in 13.04 is a bad step backwards(resolved)

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 12:51:34 UTC 2013

On 08/09/2013 02:06 AM, Albert Wagner wrote:
> 1) I never noticed MenuBar->View->Location Selector.  The old one I
> liked was there to be selected.
> 2) There were more options in the Icons list than were actually
> loaded, specifically Gnome.  I loaded a bunch of icons with Synaptic.
> 3) With the icons loaded, I now see the leading "." of hidden files.
> Although at this point I will concede I may have been hallucinating.
maybe it was a setting I already had enabled, but I am running Thunar
1.6.2 in Xubuntu 13.04 AMD 64 and  it shows the full path at the top & I
can go back 1 folder easily, and all the .xxx files are showing.. er
.yyyy :) whatever..
after running Windows 7 for 2 years, I got tired of the 10 minute boot
times, and the usual Windows aggravations, so I am BACK to Ubuntu! Since
I ran Thunderbird in windows, it was real easy to just copy over all my
email & settings:)

--
Paul Cartwright