[xubuntu-users] Trying to get Broadcom Wifi working

Lee Gold leegold at operamail.com
Fri Aug 2 19:38:33 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have an HP Pavillion dv6000 it has a Broadcom BM4311 chip for WiFi.
Wifi doesn't work.

I tried running:

sudo apt-get install bcmwl-kernel-source

But there seems to be a problem. I run it and it finally says "DKMS:
Install Completed" but just hangs at that point and the command prompt
never comes back. I do control-c. Every time I boot to recovery mode and
do repair pakages it says something is wrong and goes through this
instsall process and again ends with DKMS: Install Completed" just
hangs.

It doesn't seem like the command is fully executing. I wait for a long
time. Soemthing seems wrong - not sure.

Any suggestions appreciated. Using Xubuntu 12.04