[xubuntu-users] 12.10 bugs: power meter, brightness

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 22:16:51 UTC 2012

So I got my shiny new work Toshiba Portege R830-13C and put Xubuntu
12.04 on it. It occurred to me that it's September, so I dist-upgraded
it to 12.10.

Two problems and a hard-to-find option:

1. Power meter: it crashes, lots. This is a known bug with many
duplicates. (The main bug is marked "private", which is not entirely
helpful given all the duplicates are public.) This is what I get for
running a beta.

2. I can't change the brightness, at all - there's no icon to do so
and, now, the keyboard brightness buttons don't work (they did in
12.04).

3. Somewhere in 12.04 was a setting to switch off the trackpad when
typing. I can't find this option again - it's still on after the
upgrade, but I want to try it disabled again.

Help and ideas with any of these most welcomed.

- d.