[xubuntu-users] Jumping LTS

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 23:51:57 UTC 2012

Going from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS to Xubuntu 12.04.1.

I've got a lot of work to do getting the extra things installed that i
need without dragging in kde or gnome things.  That will be a relief
in a way because I've accumulated so much cruft I really don't need
any more, and it just won't get installed.

However, I'm not finding a few things I have usually had:
- yabasic
- bluej
- calibre

There may be more.

The question: does anybody know why these were dropped?  I'm
suspecting lack of interest, but I'd like to know.  And if there's a
lack of interest in calibre, is there a better replacement?

--
Kevin O'Gorman