[xubuntu-users] USB drives automount issue on 12.04
linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Sat Nov 17 08:02:49 UTC 2012
The past weeks, I haven't updated my system. Yesterday, I decided to do a
major "update" and then reboot like the system asked me. The whole process
Problem : after the reboot, xUbuntu doesn't mount automatically my USB Pen
anymore. Here is a couple of answer you should need if you could help me out :
- Can I mount it by myself with "sudo mount /dev/sdb1 .." : Yes
- Does the USB pens works on other computers ? Yes, on Linux or Windows.
- Have you try other USB devices : Yes, same problem with other USB Pen,
Digital camera USB connection...
- Did you check Settings > File Manager > Advanced > Volume managed checked :
- And Settings > Removable Drives & Media > 3 lines "Mount removable ..." :
- lsusb output :
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0951:1603 Kingston Technology DataTraveler 1GB/2GB
- /var/log/syslog when I plug my USB pen : http://pastebin.ca/2252349
- Fdisk -l output : http://pastebin.ca/2252350
- Is gvfs running : Yes : http://pastebin.ca/2252351
- Any free space problem : Not at all.
- OS version : xUbuntu 12.04.1 LTS, 3.2.0-33-generic x86_64
- Software versions : http://pastebin.ca/2252352
Any help is welcome to fix this issue (and don't tell me I could mount it by
hand, I'm lazy ;)
"May the source be with you my young padawan"
More information about the xubuntu-users