[xubuntu-users] USB drives automount issue on 12.04

L.M.J linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Sat Nov 17 08:02:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

 The past weeks, I haven't updated my system. Yesterday, I decided to do a
 major "update" and then reboot like the system asked me. The whole process
 went fine.
 Problem : after the reboot, xUbuntu doesn't mount automatically my USB Pen
 anymore. Here is a couple of answer you should need if you could help me out :
  - Can I mount it by myself with "sudo mount /dev/sdb1 .." : Yes

  - Does the USB pens works on other computers ? Yes, on Linux or Windows.

  - Have you try other USB devices : Yes, same problem with other USB Pen,
    Digital camera USB connection...

  - Did you check Settings > File Manager > Advanced > Volume managed checked :
    Yes

  - And Settings > Removable Drives & Media > 3 lines "Mount removable ..." :
    YES

  - lsusb output :
    $ lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0951:1603 Kingston Technology DataTraveler 1GB/2GB
    Pen Drive

  - /var/log/syslog when I plug my USB pen : http://pastebin.ca/2252349

  - Fdisk -l output : http://pastebin.ca/2252350

  - Is gvfs running : Yes : http://pastebin.ca/2252351

  - Any free space problem : Not at all.

  - OS version : xUbuntu 12.04.1 LTS, 3.2.0-33-generic x86_64

  - Software versions : http://pastebin.ca/2252352

  Any help is welcome to fix this issue (and don't tell me I could mount it by
  hand, I'm lazy ;)

  Thanks !

--
 LMJ
 "May the source be with you my young padawan"