[xubuntu-users] Version 12.10 and libre office spell check

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 17:13:37 UTC 2012

I am currently running an old distro so I am planning to upgrade soon. I
have been researching various distros using VBox. One I like very much
is Xubuntu. Version 12.04 looks very good and is a LTS version.

I have also looked at version 12.10 which is slightly newer, although it
has just two years' support. There is a problem however with Libre
Office writer, namely the spell check does not work. It does not mark
any spelling errors as I type and when I press F7 to check it, I am told
that the spell check is complete. It hasn't even started.

Strangely this works fine in v 12.04. Has anyone come across this? And
if so have they found a cure?

And, no doubt, all list members will tell me that Xubuntu would be the
best choice!!

Thanks for any help,

Neil