[xubuntu-users] thunderbird - setting up

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Tue May 22 11:23:08 UTC 2012

< big snip >

> I'd say there is something up with your SMTP settings,
> Do you have more than one email setup in Thunderbird?
>
> In SMTP Settings  Go to Edit Account Settings, at the bottom of the list
> select Outgoing Server (SMTP)
> Highlight your Server Settings and click Edit.
>
> Depending who provides your Email Isp/Webmail
> Your Setup something like this:
>
> Server Name: smtp.yourmail.com
>
> Port: 465 (depends on who you are with)
>
> Connection Security: SSL/TLS
>
> Authentication Method: Normal Password
>
> User Name: (should be your full email address)
> you should be able to get these settings from Evolution, I haven't used
> Evolution for some time but it should be under account settings or similar

I have done this check several times just to make sure that I hadn't
done something silly like putting ',' instead of '.' The only thing I
have not done is put in a description and I cannot see that making any
difference. I am beginning to think that there is, what we used to call,
a 'Gremlin' inside the PC. There must be some logical reason but I do
not know enough about troubleshooting to find it.

Norman