[xubuntu-users] xpdf: segmentation fault

Joshua O'Leary joshua.oleary at btinternet.com
Wed May 9 20:59:28 UTC 2012

On 09/05/12 21:53, Luna Moon wrote:
> On 05/09/2012 03:40 PM, Joshua O'Leary wrote:

>>> I have yet to try it but you can get the official Adobe Reader from
>>> Adobe.  Though I might need to install it because some people who
>>> send me pdfs does not show all the information on evince and so on.
>>> ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/9.x/9.5.1/enu/
>>>
>> Adobe will eventually discontinue support of Linux completely, so
>> whilst it may work now, the official reader will be of no use in the
>> future.
>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/adobe-abandons-linux/10418
>>

> Though your right about Adobe AIR and Flash, but they haven't announce
> Reader.  Even though the evidence clearly shows Adobe is abandoning
> Linux products.  I would think they would have already announce this
> by now since flash is their biggest player in web market.  Though
> Flash is going to be use through Google's chrome API.  That is what I
> want to see how fast Google will implement this and when Ubuntu(or
> Xubuntu) will implement the new flash.

I hope either flash will die altogether or very few sites would use it
for videos/games. Sadly many websites still use it though. When the
pepper api through Chrome does become available, it will do so through
Google Chrome and Chromium, Chromium of which will support it as soon as
it is available (and will be in the Chromium ppa
<https://launchpad.net/%7Echromium-daily>).