[xubuntu-users] DVD support for Xubuntu 12.04

Steve Grace sgrace at pobox.com
Thu May 3 02:55:39 UTC 2012

On 05/02/2012 01:38 PM, Dave wrote:
> I've done a clean install of Xubuntu 12.04, how do I install DVD
> support? The usual install of libdvdcss2 as I used to do with Ubuntu
> doesn't work, I get a message that the package is not available.

I did a clean install without asking for the restricted extras at
installation.

I found that package libdvdread4 was already installed. I configured it
in the standard way:

    sudo /usr/share/doc/libdvdread4/install-css.sh

I could then play DVDs but didn't have sound. I fixed that by installing
package gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly.