[xubuntu-users] VLC on fullscreen in XFCE

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 01:18:17 UTC 2012

On 06/25/2012 04:21 PM, Joshua O'Leary wrote:
> On 25/06/12 20:46, Ric Moore wrote:
>> On 06/25/2012 09:53 AM, Joshua O'Leary wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Has anyone noticed that VLC doesn't play videos properly in fullscreen
>>> under XFCE? The panel is still visible above the video. Using the hotkey
>>> F instead of clicking the fullscreen button still does the same thing,
>>> and it still happens using the latest daily build of VLC (2.1.0-git)
>>> from the PPA. Has anyone found a solution to this?
>>
>> Works fine here, fully updated. :) Ric
>>

> What is the output of *apt-cache policy vlc* on your machine? The
> standard ubuntu precise version is
> 2.0.1-4, which is affected by the bug.
ric at Iam:~$ apt-cache policy vlc
vlc:
   Installed: 2.0.1-4
   Candidate: 2.0.1-4
   Version table:
  *** 2.0.1-4 0
         500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe amd64
Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
ric at Iam:~$

But, I am not seeing behavior from full screen as described. When I
toggle full screen, all of the menus go away within seconds if I either
move my mouse from that screen or just don't jiggle the mouse. I'm
seeing video and nothing else. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html