[xubuntu-users] Peculiarities with copying large files to a flash drive, Xubuntu 12.04

Greg Zeng gregzeng at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 09:11:42 UTC 2012

NTFS-3G, NTFS-Vista, NTFS- Win7 ... are each three very different &
incompatible products.  Wikipedia yourself on this.  When you force a
hostile file format onto flash memory (like NTFSxx) - it has, as you
discovered, unpredictable resulmatts.

All flash-drive-only specialized apps suggest formats FAT16  or FAT32.
 Flash drives are electronic gadgets very different to magnetic
drives.  I think this is your "error".