[xubuntu-users] you have got to be kidding me

Greg Zeng gregzeng at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 05:16:37 UTC 2012

"nVidea is known to be problematic"

In my stupidity (reading forums only), this what I thought too.  My
systems have AMD and/ or integrated Intel CPU-GPU.  My 'buntu-based
distros easy scales on my non-Nvidia hardware to 2D-1080p.

Trouble starts when I try the 3D & other speedier upgrades.  Various
AMD/ Radeon drivers 'upgrades' usually fail, perform poorly and/ or
buggy.  Visiting the AMD site, they loudly acknowledge this.  On
related forums, the problem is that few if any hardware designers will
consider PC-Linux optimization.  Linux PCs are the one-per-cent
losers.

Until Linux coders (generally unpaid or poorly paid persons) get
better organized, synchronizing their efforts instead of re-inventing
crazy, incompetent clones, then Linux PCs (not servers) will be the
low-grade, incompetents that they are now.

I use 'buntu 99% of my time.  Essential, extremely uniquely valuable
stuff is Win7-64 for me.  One-per-cent genius, 99% boring tedium.  I
want 'buntu success, but Linux lacks proper organization for the
masses.  Mass markets demand that the Marketing Department is THE BOSS
of the organization.  Linux PC == Anarchy.  "-(