[xubuntu-users] Slow directory opening
ted.pome at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:38:07 UTC 2012
Users, Yes. I am also having this problem. And it affects the file
browser opening, but not application opening. I now have time to play
a short game of solitaire while waiting for Thunar to open. This
applies to the Desktop launcher and the Panel launcher as well.
Solutions I have tried:
1) making a new launcher for /usr/bin/thunar and /home/myname
2) launching thunar once before I need it. It is the FIRST opening
that causes this delay and error.
3) tried the setting for Thunar, but no help in the 'auto open' or
Solutions I have not yet tried:
1) re-direct error message to a file to see what is occurring.
2) getting source for the launcher application set - the launcher
application and the 'exo' launcher helper.
Thank you, Ted P.
"Put up in a place, where it's easy to see
the cryptic admonishment: T. T. T.
When you feel how depressingly
slowly you climb,
it's well to remember that Things Take Time."
More information about the xubuntu-users