[xubuntu-users] Slow directory opening

Lee Gold leegold at operamail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:07:51 UTC 2012

Using 12.04 on a fast laptop. I've noticed in this and previous versions
Xubuntu opens esp. larger folders/dirs slowly - I have to wait.  With
other OS's folders open very snappy and quick (though other OS's are far
from perfect and really big folders do take time).

If I click to open a folder the file manager is slower than expected and
does not show an hour glass or an indicator it's in process - sometimes
I don't know if it's frozen or working or what?

Is there a way to speed this up?

Thanks