[xubuntu-users] reading contents of CD

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Mon Aug 20 09:25:53 UTC 2012

<Snip>

>> Thanks for your wishes. Persistence has resulted in success.
> Anything come up note-worthy for others about to do the same thing?? /Ric

Ignore the CD which comes with the printer and download a copy of the
manual from the Samsung web site. Choose which ever method you like to
get the printer and router talking to each other. I simply pressed the
button on the printer and the button on the router and within seconds
the printer churned out a sheet of details. Xubuntu readily finds the
network printer and the driver is there in the list. Only snag is that
when trying a test print the result is in monochrome and not colour. No
problem - apparently the setting defaults to monochrome so, under
printer options, select colour mode and change to colour.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Norman