[xubuntu-users] printers

Joshua O'Leary joshua.oleary at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 4 17:32:04 UTC 2012

On 24/07/12 23:22, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 07/24/2012 05:00 AM, Norman Silverstone wrote:
>>> Would someone please be kind enough to tell me the best way to discover
>>> whether or not a printer is likely to be supported by Xubuntu? Thank
>>> you.
>>>

>> Perhaps I should add that I do not have a printer, this is to help me
>> decide which machine to buy.
>
> I would say HP, except I'm still jerked with them. Maybe if you got
> one from them that COST A LOT you would have better luck than I did
> with my "Entry Level" printer, ...per the HP rep lady in charge of
> Technical Services wrote when I complained that it refused to print
> legibly after 13-14 months of usage. <swears at HP> Ric

Why not get a Brother Printer? I've had one for quite a while now,
printing and scanning works flawlessness with Ubuntu. Pretty much all
their printers are supported, you just have to go to their dedicated
Linux site to download the drivers:
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/index.html

Joshua