[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu community meeting minutes 2011-09-25
cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Sat Sep 24 01:06:10 UTC 2011
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
== 2011-09-19 Meeting Minutes ==
The agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings
#topic === Old Business ===
* charlie-tca to get FFe filed for xubuntu-meta to add blueman to seeds - Carried Forward
* Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU - Carried Forward
* madnick to look into building a lightdm greeter - Postponed until LTS
* charlie-tca to start a release checklist page for Xubuntu - Done
* drop ristretto if it can not do what we need to photos - Carried Forward to LTS
* Consumes too much memory bug has been fixed
* activate the "maybe-ubiquity" option for LTS - Carried Forward
#topic === Team updates ===
#subtopic ==== Packaging & Development ====
* New upstream bugfix releases uploaded: libxfce4util, xfdesktop4, xfce4-session
* Build failures fixed: libxfcegui4, exo
* Misc uploads: xfce4-dev-tools, xfce4-utils, gigolo, xfwm4
* micahg converted gimp & catfish to dh_python2 (so probably some space gained on the isos \o/).
* lightdm-gtk-greeter theming issue in progress, maybe :p
* Launchpad bug 831488 in gnome-bluetooth (Ubuntu Oneiric) "gnome-bluetooth should Recommends gnome-control-center" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/831488
#subtopic ==== Bug Triage & Testing ====
Thanks to the testers for their efforts Saturday and Sunday. Gnome updates started today.
* Beta2 testing starts tomorrow; please update tests on the QA ISO tracker at http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/
* Beta2 testing requires the long test for Xubuntu, found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo/Long
* Keep the bugs coming in, please
* We are tracking the Oneiric bugs at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/OneiricOcelot
#subtopic ==== Website & Marketing ====
* The wordpress site has been approved. We are now in the process of converting http://xubuntu.org from drupal to wordpress
* We need to be telling people they can submit articles anytime they want.
#subtopic ==== Artwork ====
* Lightdm greeter theme might make it into Oneiric
#subtopic ==== Documentation ====
* We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and update it.
#topic === Announcements ===
* The next meeting will be on Sunday, 2011-09-25 at 22:00 UTC
* Important dates coming up:
* We are now in UI Freeze and Beta2 Freeze; archives will remain frozen until final release.
* 11.10 Beta2: September 2
* 11.10 Final Freeze: September 29
* 11.10 Release Date: October 13, 2011
* We need to update the Team Reports this week.
#topic === Any Other Business ===
* Discussion on new Xubuntu Testing interface being written by GridCube.
* We should blueprint at least for default applications and have one uds session for default apps
* it would eliminate the time gap we have now deciding what is going to stay and what is going to change
* This could be a single blueprint; specifying goals for Xubuntu for the release cycle
* to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
* [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-09-11 | Meeting log]]
* The meeting scheduled for 2011-09-05 was cancelled
#topic === Xubuntu Governance ===
* The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Governance_.26_Team_Structure
#subtopic Nominations for Xubuntu Project Lead
* Nominations for project lead are now open.
* Those wishing to nominate themselves or others should do so by email to either mailing list, or myself (charlie-tca at ubuntu.com).
* Nominations will close October 20, 2011, and the community election will be held at the meeting on October 23, 2011. If there are issues with this, please let us know between now and October 20.
=== Action items ===
* verify top 10 FAQ and check help links in 10
Xubuntu Project Lead
Linux Registered User Number 425914 [http://counter.li.org/]
Never let anyone steal your DREAM. [http://keepingdreams.com]
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the xubuntu-users