[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu community meeting minutes 2011-09-11

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Mon Sep 12 19:03:42 UTC 2011

== 2011-09-11 Meeting Minutes ==

The agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

[TOPIC] === Old Business ===

 * charlie-tca to get FFe filed for xubuntu-meta to add blueman to seeds
 * micahg or mr_pouit to do FFe for blueman - Done

 * Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU - Carried Forward
 * madnick to look into building a lightdm greeter - Postponed until LTS
 * charlie-tca to start a release checklist page for Xubuntu - Carried Forward
 * drop ristretto if it can not do what we need to photos - Carried Forward to LTS
  * Consumes too much memory bug has been fixed
 * activate the "maybe-ubiquity" option for LTS - Carried Forward

[TOPIC] === Team updates ===
[TOPIC] ==== Packaging & Development ====

 * uploaded some bugfix for xfce4-session, xfdesktop4, xfce4-indicator-plugin
 * fixed build failure of tumbler
 * fixed plymouth script for xubuntu-logo
 * xterm/uxterm was hidden from the menu also
 * some memleak fixes for ristretto
 * micahg has been investiguating bluetooth and some recents debian uploads (if/which ones we need to sync)
 * maco fixed the printer dialog issue
 * Launchpad bug 831488 in gnome-bluetooth (Ubuntu Oneiric) "gnome-bluetooth should Recommends gnome-control-center" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/831488

[TOPIC] ==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

 * With the gnome upgrades coming in, we need to hit the images hard to make sure they work. All tests need to be done this week, and again Saturday/Sunday.
 * Keep the bugs coming in, please
  * We are tracking the Oneiric bugs at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/OneiricOcelot

[TOPIC] ==== Website & Marketing ====

 * thanks to knome for the updated logos
 * Website draft has been forwarded to IS; now awaiting their decision.
 * Possible plugin to wordpress to translate the website actively
  * https://bugs.launchpad.net/xubuntu-website/+bug/797600
 * We need to be telling people they can submit articles anytime they want.

[TOPIC] ==== Artwork ====

 * Lightdm greeter theme might make it into Oneiric

[TOPIC] ==== Documentation ====

 * We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and update it.

[TOPIC] === Announcements ===

 * The next meeting will be on Monday, 2011-09-19 at 19:00 UTC
 * Important dates coming up:
  * We are now in UI Freeze
  * 11.10 Beta2 freeze: September 15
  * 11.10 Beta2: September 2
  * 11.10 Release Date: October 13, 2011
 * We need to update the Team Reports this week.

 * gnome updates will be dropped on September 19. Since that is so close to beta2, it is vital we get the images on the 17th and 18th. If the upgrade to gnome makes the images unusable, we will use the last known good image.

[TOPIC] === Any Other Business ===

 * the final Firefox and Thunderbird builds for oneiric will be landing after beta 2 due to the upstream schedule
 * discussion about the message to form a Xubuntu group in linedin
  * https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2011-September/007970.html
  * Project Lead will bring the discussion up to jono or jorge and get a reading

 * Blueprints
  * We should blueprint at least for default applications and have one uds session for default apps
  * it would eliminate the time gap we have now deciding what is going to stay and what is going to change
  * This could be a single blueprint; specifying goals for Xubuntu for the release cycle

 * to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
  * https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
 * [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-09-11 | Meeting log]]
  * The meeting scheduled for 2011-09-05 was cancelled

=== Xubuntu Governance ===

 * The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Governance_.26_Team_Structure

=== Action items ===

 * None