[xubuntu-users] Request for Help: Transfering GPG key from Ubuntu to Xubuntu clean install

Dave dave.hills.2009 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 20:10:14 UTC 2011

Hi,
This is me introducing my self to the list and requesting some help with
GPG key transfer. I was introduced to Linux and Ubuntu by a software
engineer at work about 2 to 3 years ago. I've been totally Linux since
and currently have Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS installed on my desktop and
Netbook. I've tried Ubuntu 11.10 Unity and Gnome 3 and did not like
either. Unity has some window vertical screen size problems that make it
difficult to use on my Netbook at present and I just did not like the
new desktop style and the lack of customisation.

I've decided to move from Ubuntu 10.04 to Xubuntu 11,10 as my OS of
choice for my desk top and Netbook PCs. My Netbook is my main Linux
machine, for which I have purchased a spare hard disk and now have a
clean Xubuntu 11.10 installed. I now need to transfer all my Ubuntu
'Stuff' from Ubuntu 10.04.03 LTS to Xubuntu 11.10. My first lack of
knowledge challenge is transfer of my GPG key to a new install of
Xubuntu on my spare hard disk. I have Ubuntu One running on both to make
file transfer easy. Please could someone detail the process of how to
transfer my GPG key from Ubuntu to Xubuntu (New Install). I have gained
some command line experience over that last two years. I seen many posts
on the subject but have concerns that I need to take account of the
Xubuntu configuration, of which I no nothing about at present.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

New Xubuntu User