[xubuntu-users] How many xubuntu users?

Radomir Dopieralski sheep at sheep.art.pl
Tue May 3 15:05:54 UTC 2011

The menu is constructed from files found in /usr/share/applications. Those
are .desktop files, which are basically key-value pairs and can be edited
with a text editor. If you want to change any of them, it's recommended to
copy them to your home to .local/share/applications and edit there, so that
updates won't overwrite your changes.

One of the keys in those files may be "only show in". The applications
specific to the gnome desktop have this key set to "gnome", so that those
entries won't appear in menus in KDE or other environments. You can remove
or modify that key and see if it helps.

Also, it would help if you were more precise than "some applications". My
crystal ball ran out of batteries. Nevertheless I hope that I guessed right
and that it will help you.