[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu Community Meeting 2011-03-17 minutes

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Sun Mar 20 16:00:58 UTC 2011

= 2011-03-17 Meeting Minutes =

== Old Business ==

 * ask knome to do some drafts with a grey background and a black
   background - carried forward
 * knome is to set up a tele-conference of some type to discuss
   marketing - carried forward/after natty releases

== Team updates ==

=== Packaging & Development ===

 * uploaded fixes for xubuntu-default-settings and xubuntu-artwork.
 * Uploaded fixes to correctly display translated desktop file names in
   Thunar and Xfdesktop4.
 * Some bugfix in garcon as well.
 * Included more mimetypes in xfburn.desktop.

=== Bug Triage & Testing ===

 * Images were broken all week, the alternate image installs great.

=== Website & Marketing ===

 * Still waiting on canonical to set up wordpress.
 * Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would
   show the slideshow that is shown during installation.

=== Artwork ===

I want to thank every artist for their work and I apologize for the
license issues not being verified before the end of the contest period.
The wallpapers are at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork/Natty.
  * http://www.flickr.com/photos/leogg/5247055287/in/pool-uawt-7
   * licensed cc-by-sa, unfortunately, it contains images licensed
cc-by-nc-sa
  *
http://www.flickr.com/photos/emunkki/5515540418/in/pool-uawt-7#/photos/emunkki/5515540418/in/pool-1546142@N20/
   * Default wallpaper for Xubuntu Natty Narwhal
  *
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pr09studio/5277600138/in/pool-1546142@N20/
   * copyrighted by the author, "all rights reserved"
 * A vote was held to decide which of the remaining would be available
on the CD, results were a tie (4/4). Project Lead determined that the
image by leogg would be the winner.
  * http://www.flickr.com/photos/leogg/5224255554/in/pool-1546142@N20/
  * http://www.flickr.com/photos/tylana/5343925114/in/pool-1546142@N20/

== Announcements ==

 * Anyone wants to go to UDS-O needs to submit their application for
   sponsorship, please
 *  BetaFreeze and UserInterfaceFreeze March 24, 23:00 UTC

== Any Other Business ==

 * Next meeting is in one week, March 24, #ubuntu-meeting, at 19:00 UTC.
 * Meeting log is at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-03-17
 * The Global Jam is coming up in a couple weeks
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam
  * We need to insure the Xubuntu testing pages are updated for a loco
   to use during this event.

== Action items for the 2011-3-17 meeting ==

 * Charlie as Project Lead will draw up a proposal to be added the the
   Xubuntu Strategy Document for choosing a new Project Lead by
   community vote
  * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument
 * Launchpad bug 720652 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "[Xubuntu]
   maybe-ubiquity/new greeter support" [Undecided,New]
   https://launchpad.net/bugs/720652

--
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead