[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu Community Meeting 2011-05-30 minutes

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Thu Jun 2 17:56:31 UTC 2011

== 2011-05-30 Meeting Minutes ==

=== Old Business ===

 * email the ML with proposed meeting days and times, Mon, Tues only
   for days - action completed
  * meetings will alternate Monday at 19:00 UTC and Sunday at 22:00 UTC
 * knome is to set up a tele-conference of some type to discuss
   marketing - carried forward/after natty releases

=== Team updates ===

==== Packaging & Development ====

 * GTK2 will be used for Oneiric Ocelot. GTK3 will need to be there to
   support the Ubuntu/Gnome applications such as Software Center
 * Syncing of latest Xfce is being done by mr_pouit and micahg
 * Need to replace GDM with lightDM.
 * pastebinit will be installed as a cli application by default.
 * seeds:
   https://code.launchpad.net/~xubuntu-dev/ubuntu-seeds/xubuntu.oneiric

==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

 * Alpha1 testing will begin on 2011-05-31.
  * Soupermanito, beardygnome will assist in testing the Oneiric Ocelot
   images.
  * drc will begin daily installation testing of the images for alpha1.
 * Testing wiki - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing

==== Website & Marketing ====

 * Canonical RT set up the staging site for wordpress. Unfortunately,
   this can not be used by the Xubuntu Team to test wordpress as a
   website.
  * knome and pleia2 will work together to set up a test site for
   wordpress.
 * Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would
   show the slideshow that is shown during installation.
 * We need to get more people than me and knome involved in marketing,
   please?
 * "marketing" definition:
  * news releases, blogs, release
   parties, !OpenWeek, !DeveloperWeek, !UserDays
  *
   http://www.jonobacon.org/2011/06/01/six-months-of-rocking-ubuntu-events/
  * Anything we can do to promote Xubuntu
  * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Marketing

==== Artwork ====

 * ochosi started a design initiative in xfce
  * It's mostly about optimizing the UI
  * Anyone can participate
  * There is a compact xfwm4 theme now
  * Wiki page is here: https://wiki.xfce.org/design/start
 * Our artwork team goals: http://wiki.knome.fi/shimmer:greybird

==== Documentation ====

 * We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and
   update it.

=== Announcements ===

 * TeamReports need to be updated -
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/TeamReports
  * This is the end of May, please feel free to add whatever you are
   doing for Xubuntu to this report.
 * The next linux kernel will be called linux 3.0 instead of 2.6.40
 * We do have a support channel for spanish support, that is not
   included in the !es factoid. It is #xubuntu-es .

=== Any Other Business ===

 * Next meeting is in one week, June 5, #xubuntu-devel, at 22:00 UTC.
 * Meeting Minutes and logs are at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

=== Action items for the 2011-05-30 meeting ===

 * Email the Mailing Lists about meeting on alternate days weekly.
   Completed
 * Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU

==== Xubuntu Governance ====

 * The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu Governance &
   Team Structure
 * The Xubuntu project will advance towards a Council-based governance
   approach.
  * Until we have more participation, Xubuntu will not be trying to set
   up a governing council.
  * There will be an addition to the Stradegy Document to select a new
   Project Lead by vote.

--
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead