[xubuntu-users] Revert to Single hard disk - xubuntu from dual boot

Yorvyk yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 10 21:17:02 UTC 2011

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:50:05 +0800 (SGT)
alex ong <alexong2005 at yahoo.com.sg> wrote:

> My configuration is
> C drive      -   xubuntu 10.10D drive      -   winxp home
> Now boot through grub menu
> I wish to revert to c drive xubuntu single hard disk and do away with d drive winxp as I no longer need to use it. What to do if I wish to now normal boot to a single hard disk xubuntu 10.10.

I assume you just have the one hard drive, with two partitions.

*Take care when doing the following and make sure you backup everything important before starting*

Use 'disk utility' to delete the XP partition, then run 'sudo update-grub' in a terminal which will remove XP from the boot menu.

Then, using a live CD, run gparted to expand the Xubuntu partition to fill the whole drive.

*Take care when doing all the above and make sure you backup everything important before starting*

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net