[xubuntu-users] Problems xubuntu 11.04

Keith Belt keithb333 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 21:31:06 UTC 2011

On Dec 9, 2011 3:20 PM, "Ric Moore" <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/09/2011 03:51 PM, Keith Belt wrote:
>>

>> On Dec 9, 2011 2:40 PM, "jr" <creature.eternal at gmail.com
>> <mailto:creature.eternal at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>  >
>>  > On 09/12/11 20:02, Keith Belt wrote:
>>  >>
>>  >> I've been using ubuntu since almost the beginning. Now xubuntu.
Rarely
> [...]
>>  >>            that's easier then fighting problems.
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >>        welcome to -- WINDOWS..
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >>    (smile)
>>  >>    also,
>>  >>    this is why I stay away from ubuntu, they been going downhill with
>>  >>    all them unique weird problems with each release. I went back to
>>  >>    Linux Mint 9 w/xfce. I'm staying here until a new version really
is
>>  >>    stable.
>>  >>
>>  >>    I was tired of being frustrated. Fixing this quirk and that quirk,
>>  >>    (I do not mind the occasional bug).
>>  >>
>>  >>    I am disappointed with ubuntu.
>>  >>
>>  >>    Ron
>>  >>
>>  >>    --
>>  >>    xubuntu-users mailing list
>>  >> xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com <mailto:xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>
>>  >> <mailto:xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>>
>> <mailto:xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>>
>>  >>
>>  >>    Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > unlike you, I'm fairly new to (X)ubuntu, I thought I liked it but,
>> I've realised, what I really like is Xfce.
>>  >
>>  > like Ron, I'm not put off by the occasional bug or problem, but I
>> spent a lot of time over the last few weeks removing stuff instead of
>> just working, and still haven't managed to sort out my mount.cifs
problem.
>>  >
>>  > I think the difference between us is that I expect a *NIX system to
>> be stable and dependable; software gets upgraded and tweaked, yes, but
>> one doesn't expect to have to re-install. it is always possible that
>> some upgrade breaks a system, but then you'd restore from a backup
>> rather than doing a completely fresh install.
>>  >
>>  > it's mostly about forethought.  like not top posting because it makes
>> following the conversation difficult and cumbersome.
>>  >
>>  > regards, jr.
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > --
>>  > xubuntu-users mailing list
>>  > xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com <mailto:xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>>
>>  > Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>
>> Jr
>>
>> Funny that you say that. I was just thinking that I should be posting to
>> the bottom instead of the top. Sorry to have bothered you with my
opinion.

> Your opinion is always important, it's just that when it's top-posted it
wrecks the flow of the dialog for posterity's sake. Just consider this list
to be a text manual, perpetually-in-the-making, The Answer, or added
questions to qualify the original Question, or Opinion, follows the
original Question. Then the novice can follow the logic, starting at "A"
and finally arriving to the "Z", the Ultimate Problem solving Answer.

> Of course the Austrialians on this list have no problem, as they are
upside down to start with! :) Ric

> http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Sorry, I guess I felt belittled. Many email programs default to top posting
and I didn't think to change it. Doesn't that make a lot of text to scroll
through just to get to the bottom past stuff you've probably already read?