[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu Community Meeting 2011-08-08 minutes

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Wed Aug 10 19:42:27 UTC 2011

== 2011-08-08 Meeting Minutes ==

The agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

=== Old Business ===

 * Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU -
   Carried Forward
 * GridCube to put together the "TOP 10" for Xubuntu - In-work
 * madnick to look into building a lightdm greeter - In-work
 * drop ristretto if it can not do what we need to photos - Carried
   Forward to LTS

=== Team updates ===
==== Packaging & Development ====

 * new versions of xfce4-screenshooter (1.8.0), midori (0.4.0),
   xfce4-notifyd (0.2.2) should be sync'd this week
 * we dropped epdfview in favor of evince since gnumeric needs evince
 * pastebinit need to be added to the defaults
 * Launchpad bug 800918 in xubuntu-default-settings (Ubuntu) "Some
   wallpaper/backdrops ideas" [Wishlist,Confirmed]
   https://launchpad.net/bugs/800918

==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

 * We did not release Alpha3
  * The desktop images would not install and the alternate images
   destroyed data in /home was encrypted
 * Keep the bugs coming in, please
  * We are tracking the Oneiric bugs at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/OneiricOcelot

==== Website & Marketing ====

 * a preview of the Xubuntu website in wordpress was given. Work is
   proceeding on the change to wordpress.
 * beardygnome wrote another awesome review which was replied to here:
   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2011-July/007898.html
  * fixed most things, but I asked some questions there, particularly
   about documentation and translations stuff I don't understand (so
   can't fix on the site)
 * there is also an outstanding bug that the site isn't translatable,
   if someone familiar with doing translations and wordpress is around
   please contact either charlie-tca or pleia2 in #xubuntu-devel about
   how to handle the site moving forward

==== Artwork ====

 * madnick is working on both plymouth and lightdm themes for Xubuntu
  * http://www.madnick.se/~madnick/xubuntu
  * Please contact charlie-tca or madnick in #xubuntu-devel to help
   test this
 * we need a lightdm theme - madnick will work this

==== Documentation ====

 * We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and
   update it.

=== Announcements ===

 * The next meeting will be on Sunday, 2011-08-14 at 22:00 UTC
 * Important dates coming up:
  * 11.10 FeatureFreeze : August 11, 2011 at 18:00 UTC
  * User Interface Freeze : August 25, 2011
  * 11.10 Release Date: October 13, 2011
  * UDS-P will be in Orlando, Florida the week of October 31 - Nov 4.
   Please apply for sponsorship by August 24.
  * UDS-P information at
   http://ubuntu-news.org/2011/07/15/ubuntu-developer-summit-sponsorship-now-open-2/

=== Any Other Business ===

 * Release milestone documentation or checklists
  * non exist for Xubuntu, although Ubuntu uses them.
  * We need to start documenting what needs to happen, and what is
   happening.
 * Blueprints

 * to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
  * https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
 *
   [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-07-31
   | Meeting log]]

=== Xubuntu Governance ===

 * The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Governance_.26_Team_Structure

 * One weeks left for current review of revision to Strategy Document
   concerning electing a Project Lead. email sent to both ML for review.

=== Action items ===

charlie-tca to start a release checklist page for Xubuntu

- --
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead