[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu is fascinating!

Yassen Damyanov yassen_tis at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 05:40:55 UTC 2011

Robin, thanks for the reply!
The latest alpha did not install on my virtualbox, unfortunately. I will try with the next release when it comes out.
Also, I missed a lot my Bulgarian keyboard layout, then I figured out a nice solution. I thought about writing a short wiki page about it but couldn't figure out how to do that. The wiki here https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/ seems devoted to organizational issues and not end-user stuff.
Your (or anyone else) comments welcome.
Still an extremely happy xubuntu user:Yassen ;)

--- On Sat, 8/6/11, Robin <dixiedancer at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, Yassen!

I feel as you do. Xubuntu is awesomeness on steroids! No distro
is as elegant, functional, and easy to use as Xubuntu! I'm ecstatic!

You asked:

Is there something like a page suggesting
possible ways to contribute to the project?

Here: http://xubuntu.org/devel

I can't write code, make imaginative artwork, or donate money (yet -
I'm just a kid, recovering from a few months of homelessness). But I
can contribute in my own little ways:

I carry Xubu LiveCDs and give them to friends who express curiosity
when they see how fast and beautifully I got this old hand-me-down
computer running. I blog about Xubuntu and offer support to "converts"
I know. I go to the "Desktop Environments" section of Ubuntu Forums and
try to answer questions about Xubuntu if I can. Truthfully, my
experience has been so effortless and trouble-free that I hardly feel
qualified to offer much help because I haven't had to solve many
problems in Xubuntu, but on occasion I've been able to help new users
with stuff.

That's how I contribute. It isn't much, but it's all I can do for now.

My blog (with lots of Xubuntu fanboy stuff, some screenshots, and rants
and raves about this distro: http://robinsrantsandraves.wordpress.com

Just another fanboy,

Robin