[xubuntu-users] geeqie and gqview

Lee Gold leegold at operamail.com
Sun Oct 17 03:20:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

There's a "thing"  in a repository making geeqie a locked-in mandatory replacement for gqview. Geeqie has some problems and IMO gqview is better for my purposes even though it has not been worked on in a while.

Why this mandatory hook into gqview forcing use of geeqie? I locked gqview with synaptic which  worked well. But when I did a sudo apt-get dist-upgrade it overrode my lock.

I tried telling my beefs on a geeqie mail list but new versions didn't  change. Any way I don't understand this unless there are security issues forcing the change in apps...