[xubuntu-users] video driver problems

Lee Gold leegold at operamail.com
Tue Mar 9 05:20:49 GMT 2010

Hi,

I have problem durring boot: the screen flashes weirdly and error message says:

(EE) Failed to load module "glx" (module does not exist,0)
(EE) Failed to load module Nvidia (module does not exist,0)
(EE) No drivers available

It gives me a choice to boot w/low graphics mode and it boots OK and actually looks pretty good.

I think it's my fault, I used some 2nd party bleeding edge drivers instead of Synaptic several months ago. Then today I tried to upgrade to Synaptic repository's latest (ver 195) via Synaptic to "overwrite/upgrade" the bleeding edge driver that I already had and trouble ensued. I deleted all nvidia in SYnaptic except for the native non-proprietary one. Still have problem. Perhaps there's some config files that need "cleaning"?

Any help appreciated. I tried in/uninstaliing multiple time/ways w/Synaptic but no luck.

Thanks