[xubuntu-users] Strategy Document and Contribution

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Thu Jun 3 17:22:38 UTC 2010

On Mon, 31 May 2010 18:11:25 -0400
Robin <dixiedancer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think I'm eligible to be an "Ubuntu member" really. Other than a few hundred "beans" earned on Ubuntu Forums, I haven't done anything to deserve the honor.
>
> I have very limited bandwidth here and testing - though it's really fun and teaches me alot about Linux - burns up the bandwidth (downloading iso files and updates to a development version) so badly that we got slowed down to dialup speed for almost 40 days last time...
>
> But I can blog for sure (http://robinzrants.wordpress.com). I don't think I could actually come up with something new about Xubuntu every week though. I'm one of those kids that prefers to run applications rather than the operating system. So when it runs well I don't change anything or experiment much anymore. Simplicity is my watchword.
>
> I'll create a Launchpad account (I think I deleted my old one) and explore this a bit more. But beyond than being a Xubuntu "cheerleader," I just don't feel as though I have much to offer.  I have defended Xubuntu on Ubuntu Forums frequently when it is unfairly criticized as being "more bloated and slower than Ubuntu" though - and the link you sent provides more ammunition in that little recurring battle.
>
> Thanks so much,
> Robin

Blog report: Xubuntu alpha1 released on 2010-06-03, and it includes
Xfce4 version 4.6.2! Per the official Ubuntu Release Notes, it does
have a bug due to an upgrade to GTK, see
http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/maverick/alpha1#KnownIssues .

This could be expanded, not word for word, please.
--
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Quality Assurance Lead