[xubuntu-users] Some questions and problems

David Collins david.8.collins at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 04:26:29 UTC 2010

2.  Thanks to Will Walthall who answered this for me not long ago ...

You need to install gvfs-fuse in Synaptic or using a command like so ..
sudo aptitude install gvfs-fuse

I don't know exactly what needs to be restarted after its installed, just do
a system reboot.  Once your back in xfce, open gigolo and connect to your
smb share.  The gvfs mounts the share in ~/.gvfs/ShareName, or something
similar to that.  You can also open this share from gigolo by clicking on it
and right-clicking it and selected the context menu option.

A bug has been filed for this known problem.  It would be good if gvfs-fuse
was added to the Lucid Xubuntu build.

2 - Gigolo, once you connect to a server, does not open the file browser (in