[xubuntu-users] Any planned gdm replacements?

Preben Randhol randhol+xubuntu at pvv.org
Thu Nov 26 21:46:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 06:23:19 -0700
Charlie Kravetz <cjk at teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

> I am not familiar with slim. I run Xubuntu as packaged, mostly,
> since I am involved in testing the images daily. Perhaps someone else
> will know the answer to your question and jump right in?

I wasn't thinking for slim in particular, but rather for starting xfce4
in the most optimal way.

I get into trouble with xinitrc if one do not run xfce4, but another
wm. The problem is that thunar cannot mount usb HDDs/sticks. Like one
can also see here: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=85587

if I use xsession it works, but then I get problems with user who uses
xfce4...

I haven't figoured out why one cannot mount and what I need to run to
get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

--
Preben Randhol
«Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.»