[xubuntu-users] Running Ubuntu or Xubuntu with 550 Mhz and 186 MB RAM?

Arthur Johnson arthur.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 16:26:06 BST 2008

Plus, with the mini.iso your getting a completely updated system out the
gate as it uses the network to download and install all the packages.

Quick question about this method that we're advocating, how to you get a
minimal X environment?  When I do the minimal install I typically install
xubuntu-desktop, so how do you go about getting the minimal stuff while
avoiding that massive metapackage?  When I use the mini.iso I'm usually
using the cli option to get really lean.