[xubuntu-users] Error message on start up

John Botscharow info at jbotscharow.com
Mon Oct 20 13:27:13 UTC 2008

I am running a full Xubuntu install on my  HP Pavillion triple-core 2.1
processor with 4 gigs of RAM. I installed Ubuntu on this computer a
couple weeks ago as a double-boot. A few gays ago, after installing
some recommended updates - CUPS, perhaps, I started getting multiple
copies of the same error message: ISD server could not be started
because port 5800 is already in use.

Obviously, some configuration setting needs changed, but I have no clue
as to what needs fixed or how to fix it.

A nice simple explanation for the technically-challenged would be very
much appreciated.

Thanks