[xubuntu-users] VLC and Xubuntu 8.10

David Collins david.8.collins at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 22:03:51 UTC 2008

Lee,

Is this problem happening with ALL DVDs ? - or just this one ?
Maybe report your problem to VideoLan forums ?
http://forum.videolan.org/
http://forum.videolan.org/viewforum.php?f=13

I have recently been playing with VLC 0.9.4 on Xubuntu Intrepid on both
a desktop PC and my eeePC (both upgraded from Hardy - not a fresh
install) and it is working really nicely for me.  I am impressed by its
functionality.  I have used it to play DVDs, a DVD shared out by another
computer, and a .iso file created from a DVD (using k9copy).  I have
also done some basic streaming from the Xubuntu Desktop PC to the
Xubuntu eeePC.

If you have a problem with all DVDs, then maybe try a complete uninstall
and re-install of VLC, before you submit your problem to the forum ?

Regards,
David Collins