[xubuntu-users] PC100 vs PC133 in Laptop

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Wed May 30 14:36:11 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, djfake <djfake at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Did get 7.04 to load using the Alternate CD. When I install PC133 (vs
> PC100) memory, the bios of my notebook recognizes it just fine, but the
> kernel won't boot. Anyone have an idea why this is?

Hi there,

You'll need to locate the specifications for your computer (either via the
manual or by searching the web) and make sure that it will accept PC133
RAM.  A computer that was built to accept PC100 RAM will not accept PC133
RAM.  However, a computer that was built to accept PC133 RAM will accept the
slower-speed PC100 RAM.

I hope this helps . . .

Jim