[xubuntu-users] Locking up on screen saver

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Wed May 9 19:37:40 UTC 2007

Hey all,

Some one just gave me a laptop for some work I did
for them. Seems like a not too bad little machine,
though an off-brand perhaps: an Averatec 3200 Series.

It loaded Xu fine and seems to run okay, but the
screen saver locks it up. This is something I
experienced with a desktop machine once, but I
just turned off the screen saver and all was fine.

I notice that when I go into Session Settings and
then the Screen Saver, once the image of the
current screen saver comes up the machine freezes.
It happens the split second the image for the
current screen saver appears, but just before this
the mouse is still movable. I tried to jump to the
settings quickly to disable it before the image
displays, but no go.

Is there a config file in can simply edit with vi
somewhere that will disable the screen saver?

I'm sure there is, I just need to find it. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC