[xubuntu-users] Xu supporting big video?

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Sat Jun 16 16:52:34 UTC 2007

Hey all,

I'm thinking of trying a large screen on my Xu
workstation. TigerDirect as a 22 inch for only 200
bucks and it's very tempting, since I have another
workstation that needs a monitor I thought I'd try
a big one on my own and give the needy machine
this one.

My question is, first, can Xu support a screen
that size, and how high can I go on the resolution?

My goal would be the ability to have a large
number of windows open, spread across a large
screen in high resolution, maybe something like
1600x1200, or in that area.

Is that doable?

I tried to find the box on the card in this
machine, but couldn't. However, I know the whole
box is less than a year old, and when my then sys
admnin put it together he said he was getting a
fairly high end card for it, so I think the card
itself is up to the resolution.

Options? Recommendations? Early 20th century
colloquialisms?

Thanks!
Skip

--