[xubuntu-users] Sharing printers

Joshua Gardner mellowcellofellow at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 01:32:02 UTC 2007

The URL for the printer depends on how you connect to it. smb:// is printers
shared by Windows servers and is usually in the form smb://server/printer.
If the computer is on a UNIX server running CUPS, you can just use
ipp://servername:631/printers/printername to connect to it.

If I remember correctly there is a wizard in the printer config program that
will generate a URL from the data you input.

-Josh