[xubuntu-users] Memory Requirement

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 16:08:10 BST 2007

I don't know the inner workings of the applications or how they manage
memory but logically in my mind I would think that a 64-bit version of an
application will require more ram in some shape or form if for nothing else
than memory addressing now taking twice as much space, so if data/memory is
managed in some variation of a linked list implementation then the pointers
to the next object will take twice as much space in memory to keep track of
per struct/record/data segment.

Just a thought .... I could be wrong, so don't take what I have said to be
fact but that is just the explanation that makes sense to me that
automatically came to mind when I read the question.

-Adam

http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AdamMiller