[xubuntu-users] Swap partion: Var ? (Fixed!)

Rolf Edlund rolf_e at telia.com
Thu Apr 19 18:20:03 UTC 2007

Rolf Edlund wrote:
>     Enhet Start     Början        Slut     Block    Id  System
> /dev/hda1   *           1         981     7879851   83  Linux
> /dev/hda2             982        1027      369495    5  Utökad
> /dev/hda5             982        1027      369463+  82  Linux växling / Solaris
Sorry for sending this in Swedish. Was a question about where to put the
Swap. In the beginning, middle or end of my harddisk. A look in 'Linux
partition HOWTO' give me the answer:

"Older disks have the same number of sectors on all tracks. With this
disks it will be fastest to put your swap in the middle of the disks,
assuming that your disk head will move from a random track towards the
swap area."

Maby I can save a ms. to move the Swap.. ;)

/Rolf