Testing for us

Robert Finley finley.rob at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:04:23 UTC 2015

Hello, I am "average_guy" on freenode and finley-rob on Launchpad.

I test images from time to time.  Several flavors on x86, amd64, and
ppc, and yes, I report on the tracker.  My involvement with Ubuntu is
sporadic at best though. I guess because it is thankless.  It was
whatever version first had Amazon on the Unity launcher, I suddenly felt
like, I am just donating my time to make someone else rich. Sooner or
later, if they can build the following, Canonical will probably do to
their desktop OS what RedHat did to their enterprise one.

All of that said,  I guess I'll go see what needs to be tested atm.

Is there a future for PPC?  I can test on it but most people I have
talked to about it have given me the impression it is going away, as the
hardware is so old.