[TEAM]Gksu/do

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 10 16:54:05 UTC 2014

I'll not be at the meeting next week, but have added this to the agenda.

Why is that we, Studio and Ubuntu are the only ones not seeding gksu?

Would it not be better for us to do so?

Has anyone looked at using pkexec? I have - that's nice and simple then ...

The only mails I've managed to find anywhere regarding this is a
discussion on -dev or -release somewhere - and that descended into a
"why do people want to do this anyway" thing. Not helpful.

There's a bug somewhere too - the closing comment from a dev being along
the lines of why don't people just use vim/emacs?

I guess that there has been a disconnect between building a distro for
people and going back to expecting people to use the command line.

Thanks

--
Ubuntu Forum Council Member
Xubuntu QA Lead