More on 14.04

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 28 19:02:37 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Lutz Andersohn
<l.andersohn at brienholdenvision.com> wrote:
> the xfce page recommends wicd as network manager but 14.04 comes with the
> gnome network manager. Is that by design?

Xubuntu uses Xfce, but reserves the right to diverge from recommended
and developed applications in the Xfce ecosystem, see our Strategy
Document for more about application selection:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument

In this case, network manager is embedded in how Ubuntu systems work
networking-wise, and since we're an Ubuntu flavor we tend to follow
their lead there.

http://www.princessleia.com