How to fix Xubuntu 12.04.4?

Michael Fischer fischerfm at yahoo.de
Fri Feb 14 19:58:11 UTC 2014

Thanks for the clarification, I got it now. The target market for
Xubuntu versus Ubuntu:

  * rather outdated (basically: depreciated) hardware, low on resources.

People who just look for a speedier alternative tor Ubuntu on fast new
hardware should install Ubuntu first and then install the Xfce Desktop
Environment on top of it. Maybe starting with an LTS Ubuntu.

Thank you for your help and good luck with not following the Ubuntu path
for HW support.

FMF