How to fix Xubuntu 12.04.4?

PK pliniusminor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 14:27:26 UTC 2014

That would make the "right" iso harder to find.... Currently, Xubuntu 12.04
is in the unique position that is has both point releases and the original
LTS kernel. AFAIK, it's the only official member of the Ubuntu family with
these features.

Xubuntu 12.04.4 is up to date *and* rock solid, with optimal compatibility
for older hardware. Therefore an excellent choice for those who need to
replace Windows XP on their machines: a huge potential user base!

If Xubuntu 12.04.4 would make the "kernel jump" just like Ubuntu, it's
compatibility with older XP machines would decrease noticeably.

Regards, Pjotr.