Xubuntu Screenshots

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 2 18:38:44 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 7:55 AM, George Miller
<george.austin.miller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Xubuntu Devs,
>
>   A co-worker showed me today that your Xubuntu screenshots
> (http://xubuntu.org/screenshots/) all have the word "Sex" where the day of
> the week should be at the top of the screen. March 7, 2014 was a Friday, so
> I can only assume this is there because the system language is Portugese or
> Latin. I'm not sure if this is in error or on purpose (Xubuntu is pretty
> sexy), but it's probably best for marketing and such to take some new
> screenshots on a different day of the week.

It wasn't on purpose to convey anything (calling tech "sexy" has
always been kind of odd to me!), but it was taken on a Friday by a
contributor who speaks Portugese as his primary language.

With the 14.04 release just a couple weeks away, we're planning on
making new screenshots anyway, so this will resolve itself then :)

http://www.princessleia.com